Many people want to get started couponing, but are just so overwhelmed and don’t know where to start. I have tried to break things down into steps to make it easy for you. If you are new to couponing or just feeling overwhelmed here is your roadmap.
I truly hope this list helps you!!!! Please know that I am sending it to you with a big hug, a pat on the back, a prayer, and lots of support! I am here cheering you on in your coupon and money saving journey. YOU CAN do it!
Read over the whole list and then start at the top step by step. 10 steps to get you started…
1. Gather coupons
- grab 2 newspapers a week
- check out these lists of printable and organic printable coupons
- read Growing your Coupon Stash
2. Clip, organize and file your coupons
- Read my coupon organization post
- figure out what work’s for you!
3. Familiarize yourself with the coupon lingo
- blogs all use their own language when writing up deals and talking about coupons
4. Choose a store
5. Read the weekly matchups for the store you chose.
6. Start Small and slow
- start with just a few deals at 1 store
- don’t try to do everything all at once! I did not save 50-80% off my grocery bill overnight
- gradually add more deals, as you get better and feel more comfortable with things
7. Take a free coupon class
8. Read Read Read
- I learned everything I know about coupons from reading blogs and my own trial and error
- Try to spend 15 minutes a day (or less or more whatever works for you) reading
- Read everything under the Start here tab
- Read all my coupon pep talks-they are filled with encouragement, and lots of tips and tricks to help you
- Read the comments on my posts for additional info
9. Start a Stockpile
- if there is a freebie or super cheap deal, try to grab as many as possible and stock up (hint-print lots of coupons for that specific deal)
- it will take time at first, but the bigger your stockpile the more you will save in the future
10. Ask for help
- Seriously, if you have a question, ask in the comments of the blog post that you have a question about, chances are you are not the only one who has that question
- I will try my best to help you if I can!!!
- make sure you check back for an answer and read other peoples questions and answers, I learned a lot this way
- if you have an answer to someone’s question, feel free to answer as well-it will help them and me!
- you can also pray, and ask God for help! He cares even about the little things like coupons and saving money. In fact, He wants us to be a good steward of our money, and I believe that using coupons is one way to do that!
- if you are not used to praying here is a sample prayer to try:
Dear God (Lord, Jesus, etc)
I am really overwhelmed by this coupon thing and really want/need to save some money. Please give me wisdom, make the deals clear for me and help my shopping trips to go smoothly. I can’t do this on your own and really need your help. Thank you for caring even about the little things in my life. Amen