Here are 20 things you may or may not know about me-
- I am so many things, but what I try to remind myself is that I am God’s child, daughter of the King, and that is what really matters.
- I am a wife to my best friend and love of my life, Keith.
- I am a mom to 2 boys, big brother is in 3rd grade and little brother is in K-4. When I was pregnant, my mom warned me not to blink. She was right. Time is flying.
- I taught art to kids with autism for the past 15 years, before the average person knew what autism was. Now, most people know someone affected by autism. (Please feel free to reach out at any time about art or autism). I since got laid off on my job because of a technicality. I am slightly bitter, but I know that I am moving onto bigger and better things.
- I have toyed with the idea of starting an art for kids blog, but I think I have my hands full right now.
- I used to love to paint, when I was in college. But my new love is making pottery on the potter’s wheel. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to make pottery, since I left my teaching job.
- I am 4′ 1″. Yup, you read that right. So, you see, if I can grocery shop and coupon with kids, so can you!
- My favorite color is green, my favorite shape is a star, (hence the Generous Savings logo), My favorite scent is tangerine
- My favorite band of all time is Over the Rhine. You should check them out.
- I love chocolate, coffee, lip gloss, freebies, make-up, pretty smelling hand lotion and margaritas.
- I am a partial vegetarian. I don’t eat mammals. I do eat chicken and turkey with no bones. I love seafood. Except, I have been known to eat a crispy piece of bacon at our friend’s house on occasion. SHHHH.. don’t tell anyone!
- I love anything to do with Paris. I have visited there twice and I am kind of obsessed. Ok, I am a lot obsessed. I hope to visit there again someday. Love Love LOVE Paris.
- I would love to go to Italy, since I am 100% 3rd generation Italian (mostly Sicilian). Someday, I hope to visit there.
- So yeah, about that Italian thing. I do talk with my hands, am very expressive, passionate and well…loud. Yup. I also love pasta.
- I try to live green and be environmentally friendly, but sometimes, money and time get in the way of that. But I do try.
- I have a lack of edit function. Things come into my head and out of my mouth before I even realize what I am doing. This can get me into trouble sometimes, or it can be completely amusing.
- I like to keep it real. Yeah, you will see mistakes on this blog and in my coupon classes. Nobody’s perfect. But I am learning to embrace who I am… and want to be genuine in all I do. I hate making mistakes though.
- I can talk, a lot. yeah. A LOT. Especially if it is about something I am passionate about, like coupons.
- The above 3 things keep my coupon classes interesting. I genuinely love helping people save money!
- I am extremely passionate and emotional. So when I am happy, I am very happy, and when I am sad, I can’t contain my tears and when I am angry…oh dear…stay out of my way. I wish I could control my emotions better.
- I love the beach and the Jersey shore. I love having a tan. I love the smell of the beach, and the sound of the ocean. I grew up going to the beach every week and I am so glad that my mom and I are continuing that tradition with my boys.
- Thankfully, I also love fall, otherwise I would be extremely depressed that beach season was over. I love the smells and colors of fall. I love the leaves changing into bright reds, oranges and gold. I love apple picking, pumpkin farms and hot cider. MMMM…. (but I would probably still rather be at the beach)
- Did I mention I love to talk?
So, what about you? I would love to hear if we have anything in common or any other interesting facts about yourself? Leave a note in the comments and let’s get to know each other.
Like me on facebook, so we can keep in touch and I can help you save!